Report Abuse

Re: Please report upfront fee scammers to Attorney General .... there's power in numbers ... Florida has begun

[Q=lindam1002] I received a call tonight after 9 pm from resort resale advocate group. They wanted to help me to recover my money from vacation marketing who they say is now out of business. (I had paid them $395 to try to sell my timeshare in Mexico.) I found it very ironic that they were calling me as I was on the computer looking up info on how to sell a timeshare. He said he had no way of knowing that I was on my computer and that I was on his list of clients of Vaca. Mktg. He told me it would take 35% for his legal team if they got me a refund. I gave him no information, but he will call me again on wednesday. I think this stinks as well. I found no website either. Let us know if you have any followup conversations with these people.[/Q] One scam company going after another scam company, that's funny .... if they ask for a large upfront fee, then they're a scam same as upfront fee resale companies.