Report Abuse

Renting via BuyATimeshare.com

[Q=jakij3] I am interested in renting and.....Buyatieshare.com says they have the week I want. Have there been any problems for renters that anyone knows about?[/Q] The upfront fee "listing" side of this outfit is clearly a an ineffective ripoff for any would-be seller, since overpriced, inflated and unrealistic "listings" don't usually elicit the attention of well informed, savvy buyers (...not there, nor anywhere else for that matter). That said, SOME people on other timeshare sites have reported successfully RENTING from the rental side of this outfit, which I *believe* is actually called "Vacations Only". You should not be particularly shocked or surprised if the rental figure you are currently being quoted ends up being later followed by an ADDITIONAL 20% commission payable to the rep (whose actual name I have deleted in quoting your post, since I'm not her advertising agent or marketer) for "finding" the week you want. Then again, maybe you're willing to pay that additional fee if the total rental cost is still palatable to you. If so, I'd still strongly recommend that you demand to see some form of hard copy, credible, documentary PROOF that they do indeed have lawful and guaranteed access to exactly the week you want and which they allege to have available for you --- BEFORE parting with even a nickel...