Report Abuse

Re: Belaire Vacation Club/Puerto Vallarta

My wife and I had a "members" update at Hotel U on Jan 17. They (Mario Seg) told us that our Belaire membership was worthless but for $7000 we could convert that contract to Hotel U and either keep it, or resale it through IES (International Excrow Services) for an additional $799. They gave us a one page "guarantee of sale" from IES for an amount substantally larger than our initial buy. We were skeptical and asked for some contact directly from IES once we returned home. (we did give them the money in hopes we could recover our inital outlay). Well, the call from IES never came (3 days late now) in spite of my repeated attempts to contact them by phone, fax and email via their website. I have the sinking feeling we have been had again. If we don't hear by the end of this week, we plan to contact our credit card company and have them reverse the payment. (hope this works!!). By the way, absolutely no construction has taken place since our last visit a year ago. Mario claimed the letters we received from Hotel U were not sent by them and some of the information in it was not true and other info was omitted (like needing to convert the contract to Hotel U for a fee. We would love to hear from others and their experience and suggestions.