Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program

We have two mvci weeks and have been very happy with our trades, not sure what you bought but if you have top weeks you should have no trouble finding good trades. I have not tried to get hawaii, but we have traded to HHI, Wmsbrg, Orlando, Breckenridge, Vail, Palm Desert, Phoenix, all of them multiple times as we like those places and all of them in the peak or shoulder season for their areas. Since we have school age kids we are largely restricted to school breaks. We have also traded rewards points from our weeks to the Cayman Is, Cancun, London, Toronto, LA, NYC. We enrolled our weeks for the points "option" - it doens't change anything about your weeks use if you don't want it to, it will just save you from the fees you currently pay to trade, trade for MR points, lock off, exchange, split week, etc. all for 1 fee that is lower than doing all of those things currently. You also get 800 of the new points, which is basically worth the fee you pay to enroll your weeks. Finally, you have to choose to take the points option each year, if you don't you continue to have your full weeks use just as you always have. I plan to trade weeks most of the time, but will be taking some points just for flexibility. Finally, points are not weeks and I would not look at them that way. There is a full listing of what it costs to visit the various resorts via points if you choose to 'elect' points in a given year and if you check it out the Sun - Thur stays are usually well less than what you receive in points. The points are very expensive for Fri & Sat. nights. I think if you really look into it, overall it is a solid program and we are glad to have it as an additional option. I cannot offer a comparision in value to other points programs as I am not familiar with them, but I know I will be saving $200 - $300 annually in costs just using my weeks exactly as I do now. So I like it.