Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

I had the opportunity to get an appointment and visit the site of Belaire/ U Hotel. I was first met by a young man whose name may be Carlos Camba. He took me in and gave me a menu which looked like the one I used last year. I understand the head of the spa is now running the resturant. He asked for my contract number and left to look it up. Another couple was sitting nearby and I asked them if they also had purcahsed and they said yes. I told them not to give them any more money. He tried to get me not to speak to them. Another man came in named Mario Llamas, who is suppose to be the head honcho. He told me that nothing has happened because the new company that formed from the other, Belaire, did not want to take out the permits in July as they did not want to pay the $250,000 dollars that the Mexican Government wanted from them. However they are now ready to start so they should have the permits in 60-90 days. I told him that the newsletter stated that they had the 200 permits now, but he told me that that newsletter was written last summer. The date on the newsletter was February. I asked him about Mr. Williams and Mr Hightower but he did not know who they are. By the way I heard that Antonio is either in Los Angeles or here in Puerto Vallarta in his beachfront house. He then took me into another room and the other couple was there. He realized he could not get any more money out of me he wanted me to leave. On the way out I asked why they had security 24/7 and I was told that it was to protect the construction equipment. Are they worried that someone is going to steal the steel structure? He offered to take me back to my hotel and after he went into his office he changed his tune and said that the car was out of gas. Did I give him any more money? NO Will I? Don't think so. What a mess. By the way I did see the model unit and it is outstanding. What good that will do any of us. Lois