Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

Hello! I met with Mario Seg on March 14/11. He represented himself as the Hotel U's Corporate Lawyer and did not have any ID or even a business card to prove it. Earlier he presented a business card to a Canadian couple, as the Hotel U's Corporate Representative. Mr. Seg seems to be the new head of fraudulent scams to mislead unsuspecting tourists and Members. He has requested $7,800 for existing members to switch from Belaire to the Hotel U. If, you do not, all he can offer is the raining season from May to October. When the name Allan Dale and Michael Hightower of the VMG were mentioned, he said he had never heard of them. What crap, since I was just at the resort in Dec in which I questioned the Hotel U rep. (Michelle) about these two crooks, and she knew they were acting agents to sell for them? Profeco warned us about the Vacation Management Group as they were based in Los Vegas and out of the grasp of Mexican Law...how convenient. Mr. Seg has also thrown a new scam in to his bag of tricks. We bought in Dec. 2008 with Belaire taken over our Timeshare property in PV as part of the contract. We have a 2 year email paper trail to indicate our effort. Mr. Seg says that we owe him an additional $40,000 since the contract has not been fulfilled. The meeting ended abruptly after we produced the evidence and that Profeco is now involved on our behalf. The October 2010 Newsletter indicated construction to begin in October. Absolutely nothing is happening. The Newsletters are as phony as contracts being bought back. The Canadian Consulate is well aware of the fraud at Belaire/Hotel U when we filed our complaint. They told us that our money is all but gone unless lawyers get involved. I do not understand why the Mexican authorities allow this fraud to continue and to destroy the reputation of Puerto Vallarta as being a nice place to visit.