Report Abuse

Re: Belaire Vacation Club/Puerto Vallarta

Hi, we just got back from pv. we went over to Hotel U without an appointment(didn't know i needed one). someone called for someone to come talk to us, and about 30 minutes later, Mario Seg(attorney) showed up from home. here's the deal #1-we can pay them $7799 to convert our membership to Hotel U and cash out our one bedroom for 114,900 #2 become a Hotel U member for $5799 or #3stay as is. we would only be able to use it May, June, July August, September. He is also going to be charging around $100 per person per day AIl Inclusive fees. That is how they get away with NO Maintenece fees. He says that thefirst 60 transactions are taking 180 days and the ones that they are doing now are taking about 120 days. It seems that they are doing them in blocks of 60. This deal HAS to be done on-site.(by our contracts I guess) He has to notify Mexico City when an appointment is made and it is a one time deal. After that, we would have to go to Mexico City to cash out and pay a 19% tax. I asked why he couldn't just put the $39,218 that we paid on my credit card, but of course "it doesn't work that way, fees have to be paid" So, my husband said that since we had no appointment, could he just pretend that we weren't there so we could investigate him and his company and think about it. he said OK and gave us his card. He also said that the other owner is also an attorneyand they met at the University of Chicago. Anybody out there know of anyone else that owns and has done anything? There were a few other owners there eating lunch and using the salon. Apparently, they have been in and out and are staying nearby. Another nice man, Mexican, came and sat with us when Mario went to get us his card and got side tracked by another owner, and he said that they can't market to other people until they take care of us because there would be problems. we would be telling them bad things when they came if we were there as well. i also think that we techically all have leins against this property and they can't do anything with it until they are reso;lved. Cameras are going up this week and they have to blast the rust off the steel that has been sitting there. Karen