Report Abuse

Status of Resort

[Q=christinaj28] Looking for feedback on folks that have recently stayed at the LaCabana with the renovations going on. Is the pool open, major disruption in the vacation, etc..[/Q] we just got back yesterday. The renovations to almost all of the rooms is complete. The only renovation going on is the lobby - they are adding an elevator and a newer look lobby so there is a makeshift check-in lobby area - a minor inconvenience and the outer area of the old lobby is roped off but nothing getting in the way of the vacation. The pool is open, as is the Islander grill, the pool bar, beach bar and the new outdoor restaurant called Las Ramblas - for outdoor drinks and tapas. We love the room changes. We prefer the Studio room openness to that of the 1 bedroom units. I can't speak to the C rooms since I have not stayed there yet. There is some outside of room touchup needed - hallway paint and such but that did not bother us. The lobby activity does cutdown on parking but there is still ample parking available. If you have other specific questions, let me know.