Report Abuse

Reality check required here...

[Q=patrickm294] If you have been victimized by this group, tag on and I will help steer a class action law suit.[/Q] Good luck with that.... I have absolutely NO use for SMTN (or any of the numerous flavors of other parasites much like them), but the simple fact is that the chances of your finding an attorney willing to take on such cases is somewhere squarely between none and none at all. In the end, you (and any and all others in your unfortunate situation) have NO documentation in which you can point and assert any specific breach of contract. You may, in fact, not even have ANY written contract AT ALL. The parasites, on the other hand, have carefully prepared, legally reviewed paperwork and likely also possess (and can readily produce) an audio tape recording of you overtly and voluntarily CHOOSING to authorize a charge to your credit card for their so-called "listing services". In short, you are NOT a "victim" --- you VOLUNTEERED! The bottom line is that you do not have a winnable case and no competent attorney is going to consider for even one moment wasting his /her time on a proposed "class action suit" that essentially lacks any merit and can't possibly be won. Sorry, but that's just how it is. Like Don Quixote, you can nonetheless choose to just "tilt at windmills" anyhow, if you wish. Complaining to the powerless, toothless BBB, a "membership" organization with absolutely NO legal authority of ANY kind, is also a complete waste of time and energy. Filing BBB complaints may be good for "venting", but are otherwise useless and futile exercises, since parasites like this don't much care about their BBB rating anyhow. There ALWAYS seems to be someone else just waiting in line to give them money... I sympathize with your plight, but the simple truth and fact is that you made a bad decision and that money is now forever GONE. In my personal opinion, the only REAL solution of any substance for this ongoing problem is to drive ALL these maggots right out of business --- forever --- with FEDERAL legislation which clearly and specifically makes their business practices overtly illegal, regardless of where they operate within the USA. Until that day comes, the old saying will just be continually proven, time and time again, that "a fool and his money are soon parted". Regrettably, THAT is your "reality check".