Report Abuse

Re: Grupo Mayan

WE ATTENDED WHAT WAS TO BE A "90 MINUTE NON-TIMESHARE RELATED PRESENTATION" AT MAYAN PALACE IN FEBRUARY THIS YEAR. ON THE 7TH HOUR, HAVING 2 SMALL KIDS IN THE TOW, WE WERE COMPLETELY WORN OUT. AFTER REPEATEDLY SAYING "NO" TO 6 OR 7 PUSHY SALESPEOPLE WE WERE LEAVING THE RESORT BUT AT THE LAST MOMENT WERE INTERCEPTED ** ANOTHER AGENT, HELENA DANIELSON. SHE SOUNDED SO CONVINCING THAT WE BOUGHT "PARADISE WEEK" PACKAGE FROM HER FOR $3000. Every word she said turned out to be a lie. BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE, THEY'LL SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOUR MONEY, BUT THEY ARE A COMPLETE FRAUD ! WE LOST THE ENTIRE DAY OUT OF OUR 6 DAY VACATION PLUS $3000. During the presentation, the words "Grand Paradise Club" never came up. I had my iPad with me and could have Googled it on the spot to find out about this scam. But Helena led us believe that we were buying discounted weeks from "Advantage Services" (another shell company in this scam food chain). We were shown a booklet with numerous hotels and resorts that will be available for booking to us. A month later, our welcome package arrived in the mail. As we tried to use the booking system, however, we discovered that inventory available at the website is extremely limited and nowhere close to the one we were shown. For the discounted so called “fast weeks” price manipulation is used where an additional mandatory all-inclusive fee must be paid at check-in that brings total cost of reservation well above market price. Cruise certificate also turned our to be a worthless piece of paper, as other posters on this board indicated. The website is a joke with many links that are totally inaccurate or broken and does not meet commercial website design guidelines. Only few reservations can be made online, other inventory has a “call” banner next to them. When we called for a reservation, we were told that these discounted weeks were not available. We realized that these weeks are no more than “bait and switch” to get customers to call so that Grand Paradise Club can push other stale inventory to them. Also, GPC charges additional reservation fee of for each reservation made – a fact never mentioned in our contract. We have filed dispute with Mastercard - had anyone have any success with that ? I will post again once I get a response from the credit card company. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD SO THESE BUSTARDS ARE OUT OF BUSINESS ASAP ! I've seen a post on TripAdvisor.com about setting up a website for a class action - GRANDPARADISESCAM.COM and GRUPOMAYANSCAM.COM. I will let everyone know when they go life so people can join the CLASS ACTION lawsuit. It's a shame Mexican government tolerates this kind of scam going on for years in their prime tourist areas. No wonder Mexico has the reputation it does.