Report Abuse

bankruptcy

Just remember, when owners go class action against their management company, it's their own HOA paying for the defence lawyers. You're essentially suing yourself. As a result, MF's go up to cover the cost. The original developer went bankrupt due to poor business decisions. Southwind, which is also managing the Spinniker property and Grand Regency at Thousand Hills in Branson, is just the management company hired by our own home owners assoc. They don't have a great deal to do with the bankruptcy and, can be fired or retained by our HOA. For the most part the bankruptcy isn't affecting the day to day operations of the resort nor have I seen a spike in MF payments. To the contrary, the HOA is pulling back some so as not to put a lot of money into the common areas that are tied up in the bankruptcy hearing. My frustration is that this is moving painfully slowly through the courts and our HOA isn't keeping owners up to date. There have been other timeshare developers go bankrupt but, if the HOA does it's job, owners won't see a disruption in services. So far, I'm not seeing a disruption in services at French Quarter resort. Southwind has no incentive to transfer deeds from FQ to one of their other resorts and certainly not on a deed for deed basis. Espeically at a resort where things are up in the air with the original developer filing bankruptcy. Right now it's best to sit this out and see what happens. In the end I believe the resort will go on with eiher Southwind or some other management company taking over the property. As far as any promised amenities which haven't been built, well, it says in the contract that things can change. Things changed. I doubt we'll ever see additional buildings or amenities for this resort unless another developer buys it and decides to expand and begin sales again. There are a couple that might do that. DRI and Bluegreen are two that might be interested in expanding their options in Branson.