Report Abuse

Marriott Resale VS Points

Hello g333s, You have been very helpful to me as I drive home from my vacation on Hilton Head Island. My husband and I, after much thought and years of considering buying timeshare finally did, and now I am hopeful that we made the right decision! We did not own a week before 6/10, so therefore could not buy a week on the retail market in hopes of switching to points. We had the option of paying $19,000 for a 3 bedroom garden view platinum week at Surfwatch, HH on the resale market (but was told we could not exchange that for club points ever). Or we could buy 2500 points through Marriott for about the same price (we were on an encore presentation and they gave us last summer's pricing of $9.22 and the $2000 we spent on vacation this year towards the price of our club points). So we ended up buying the 2500 points with the hopes that it will be more flexible for us in the future. My worries are that since I only own 2500 points will I have access to a decent amount of inventory? I won't be able to book 13 months in advance and apparently will only have access to Trust inventory. I did not get the book you are talking about that tells you which ones have a T or an E. Did that come to you in the mail? We just bought this two days ago and can still cancel. We also have the option to buy 500 more points in the next couple of days for $9.22 each which would give us a total of 3000 and we would love to do the Italy trip some year for 6000 points. Should we buy the 500 now? Next year the price will be higher and we can only buy in increments of 1500. Thank you!