Report Abuse

Re: Selling Marriott time shares

I have just been through the sale of a timeshare listed on red week (I have 3 or them) and listed Westgate, branson for $250. Be sure to have a qualified and trusted transfer agent to do this transfer. Westgate decided they would excerecise their right of 1st refusal, Only problem, this is a 30 day window and westgate pre-dated the letter, change the postage meter date, however, their reply was 15 days late beond the 30 day window. I did not westgate to have this property back since I had a very good friend that I had sold this property. without more detail, the BBB in Florida was very responsive in reviewing this complaint. However, when I made 4 phone calls to corporate office one day on their 800 number, westgate advised they would e mail their letter of REFUSAL to the transfer agent in order to complete the sale. Forget writing letters to attorney generals office, they only send out a form letter. calling on their 800 no. and waiting for 1/2 hour or longer, westgate finally decided to complete the transaction MY WAY. .