Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

I just got off the phone with DRI Collections supervisor and was informed that if you have points that are paid up i.e. no outstanding loan, that there is no foreclosure, penalty, or report to credit bureau for not paying maintenance fees anymore. They will not put it in writing but assured me that failure to pay maintenance on points (paid up) is not a foreclosure issue and per DRI ABC policy will simply cancel within a 6 month timeframe after collections notices that the account is defaulting. Deeds are viewed different according to the Collection Dept. Supervisor. Stopping maintenance fees on deeds will result in the foreclosure process. I didn't ask what that process is exactly but it would be worth the call to have it come from their mouth (all calls are recorded and files include all communications). I hope this helps even though it sounds like many owners have deeds versus points. I am documenting the "instruction" and will simply stop paying come the 2012 maintenance fee statement.