Report Abuse

Royal Mayan vs the Royal Haciendas in Playa Del Carmen

We own a total of six weeks at various Royal resorts. two of those weeks are at the Royal Hacienda (we are there right now) and I absolutely hate it!. The villas and the buildings are beautiful, but the water is horrible!. There is just a small path where you can swim and it only goes up to your waste, the rest is surrounding by rocks. The water is smelly and greenish. We just spent 4 weeks at the Royal Sands and one at the Royal Islander and we are returning there in another week and i can hardly wait to get back to the beautiful beaches and really clean carribean waters. Also the palapas at the hacienda are much closer together than at their other resorts, so you have no privacy and can hear everything your neighbors are talking about. We also are not crazy about the town of Playa Del Carmen and much prefer downtown Cancun. You absolutely need a car here to go anywhere. In Cancun you can walk or talk public transportation which does not exist here. We plan to put our penthouse, ocean front 2 weeks villa up for sale and purchase those weeks at the Royal Sands, as I really do not want to return here.