Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

laurieb214: look at your statement policy regarding payment, included is what they call their ABC policy (Assessment Billing Collection policy). It describes what will happen if you don't pay maint. fees. It is outlined according to the month of jan., feb., then march. After feb., you will not hear from them again. I went over the last 4 points that DRI will go through in March with a supervisor and was told by Collections that they basically cannot and will not pursue legal means for point owners. But they will not put that in writing and assured me that our phone call was sufficient for documentation. I heard it from four different individuals but Collections Dept. is the source of any legal and collection activity. I asked about a Mutual Termination Agreement a member in May filed and they said that they stopped doing that in July, 2011 but that it had not been a policy, simply something they instated at will. I never leave messages for DRI, Joanne was the only one who ever returned my calls. Call Collections and go through the ABC policy point by point so as to have it on their phone records. Tape it yourself for your ow records! I didn't but I wrote every detail down.