Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

I just want to ad another observation about a recent reservation that we made for next month.. I was just sent the pre arrival notice, instead of the 31,000 points we bought annually for the 2 week oceanfront membership, they have increased the points required for this interval & category by @ 13% to 35,000 points... Another lie comes into play here as they told us 'point blank to a question I asked when we bought this, if that was going to be the permanent point cost for the 2 week oceanfront interval... So not only do the continue to raise the annual fee's, now they have reduced the benefit of our points... The level of fraud here is beyond belief... I called them today, to ask several questions about the reduced units over this next 5 years, about being able to roll over the points into future years, and they refused to even discuss it, then I asked what was their policy if we choose to surrender our membership (paid for in cash) and just walk away giving them our $ 55,000, and they said it would go to foreclosure, foreclose what I asked there is no mortgage, they said for the annual fee's, but we would no longer be using it and we gave you $ 55,000 plus we have 62,000 points for 2012... Are we indentured members forever..? I cannot image any court or any jury awarding them a judgement for costs to a membership that you no longer use, that was paid for... This is Akin to the "Twighlight Zone"...