Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone ever been successful in selling?

Hello, When we first decided to list our TS for resale, we were originally "duped", by a timeshare resale company. By the time I realized it was a scam to take our money, and no-one would ever sell it for us, the payment was made and the damage done. I never paid an "upfront" resale fee, ever again. I did check several resale realtors, but their Commission/fees made it unpalatable. Eventually, I advertised on this site, RedWeek.com. It did take quite a while to sell and, at first, I received such silly, insincere offers, I could not take them seriously. When the TS did not sell, I continued to lower my price- taking a substantial loss. However, the reduction was due to the economic recession and lack of resales in general. It was not due to any fault of the listing or of Redweek. Over time, I began receiving legitimate offers. It took about 18 months, but a serious buyer found my RedWeek listing and we negotiated everything directly between us. There was no middleman and we were able to save a great deal of money on the closing costs. I recommend selling on this site.