Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

To Candid and all DRI owners, or in US Collections, I spoke to the Duty Officer (who also handles criminal investigations) in AZ. He admitted that the Real Estate Sr. Investigator, Robin King didn't do enough to help with the laws) that have been broken. I will send the link to the website for AZ which gives laws for real estate/timeshares in a later entry. He told me this: Attorney General's offices in all states depend on numerous complaints against a company before they take action. And...you have to be careful that you call the company by the same name. So, in my case (and Candid, your case) the transfer from Sunterra to DRI (Diamond Resorts, Diamond Resorts InternationL) is confusing. For all owners, or those in collections, please call the state's (where you purchased) Attorney General and give the same name - even if another company was purchased. May I suggest we all stick with "Diamond Resorts International" in order to get the clearest information to the Attorney Generals? We need to fill out the complaint form on the website for Real Estate (in NV - the headquarters and AZ or your state of purchase) - and clearly add "Diamond Resorts International" unless someone believes there's a better name. Then...and this is important...call NV's Attorney General. It appears that the real estate division there has the phone #: 702-486-4033. Mr. Jan R. Holle is the Chief Compliance Audit Investigator - though I'm not sure this is the right contact. Mr. Holle said in a letter: "the Real Estate Division only has jurisdictional authority over the actions of NV Real Estate licensees, and extends to their compliance with teh NV Revised Statutes and NV Admin Code in a real estate transaction. The last part of that doesn't make sense to me. Surely Diamond Resorts Int'l needs a license to operate the "mother" from NV. It just takes enough complaints! Then, contact AZ. Here, Robin King Sr Investigator is important. Her phone number is 602-771-7734. Even if they (NV and your home state of purchase investigator) say it's not under their jurisdiction, please take a stand and explain that Diamond Resorts International has and is misleading, misrepresenting, and has set up a corrupt scheme of fraud against what appear to be thousands and even tens of thousands. With the new law mentioned in earlier posts for visitors from overseas (Cloobeck introduced Pres Obama and seems ready to benefit at the expense of others). thanks, Cindy