Report Abuse

La Jolla Boutique Mazatlan.

[Q=marinac22] I have a timeshare at la Jolla since 2009, at first I was a little disappointed because i had some issues with my contract, but i contact costumer service and they helped me out. Since then everything is working just fine. I'm very happy and every time I go to Mazatlan and stay at La Jolla I enjoy my vacations. You can feel peace, is nice and quite, and the service is great.[/Q] To all considering buying from La Jolla: Note the spelling of "costumer" above. This is the typical Mexican misspelling of the word customer, and other wording in this message is the way many Mexicans phrase their English. This may well be written by a Mexican employee of this CROOKED COMPANY. La Jolla promised us the moon and we ate green cheese! When we returned to our room after purchasing (with a Bank of America credit card they had us open) for $12,200 US, we looked up the company and found many complaints against them for their DISHONESTY and refusal to honor their contracts. I won't give contract details (too embarassed at the way they suckered us), but we went the next day to PROFECO, the consumer protection agency for foreigners here. It's downtown near the cathedral--ask anyone around there for directions. You have 5 days to cancel a contract by law--and not a day more! Long story short: after 20 months, repeated lies to Profeco by La Jolla, faked checks, several delaying tactics, many emails between Profeco and us, we finally got our money back! DON'T LET ANYONE TAKE YOU TO LA JOLLA!! They are such cheats that the other timeshares in Mazatlan won't let you tour with them after you've gone to LJ; it leaves too bad a taste in your mouth (green cheese)! BTY, Bank of America was no help AT ALL with fraud on their very own credit. Don't let trip you up! ALSO: Look out for a guy named Trevor, AKA Eric, a tall, heavy, bald, self-proclaimed Canadian ex-airline pilot. He's a very fast talker pushing Viptravelnet, and he was the follow-up salesman at Escondido Towers. He quickly moved away from pushing the Tower(s) to VTN, which some have stated online is a scam. He also works or very recently worked at La Jolla, which makes him suspect in my mind by association.