Report Abuse

Re: Meritage Management > New company wanting to buy your time share

I received a call from Meritage Management claiming to be doing business in Salt Lake City wanting to buy my time share for a lot more than I paid for it. They claimed that were no upfront fees and all they wanted was 5% commission after the sale was completed. They sent me proposal signed by Douglas Swanson, Meritage Management Director. On January 11, I received a call from Mr. Ed Morris (877/819-1598). He wants a copy of the time share contract to verify the info. Once that is completed he will send a sales agreement to sign, and then that will be forwarded to an escrow company. At this time he doesn’t have the name of the escrow company because it is selected by the buyer. On January 19, I received a contract from Meritage Management. The contract was signed by MM Director, Mr. Alan Sullivan. It specifies, among other things, that I may have to pay some transfer fees, taxes and other costs prior to receiving my money from the sale. If I don’t follow through, Meritage Management can bill me for the 5% commission on the expected sale price of $49,980.00. On January 20, I received a call from Mr. Ed Morris, asking me to read the contract over the weekend and he would call back on Monday to discuss the terms. I said let’s talk now. He pointed me towards an escrow company by the name of Silver Star Real Estate Group in Corpus Christie, TX. Upon logging in I found information on the account, including a reference to a reimbursement fee of $49,980.00. He told me that I had to pay these fees prior to the sale, but that Meritage Management would reimburse me at the close of the sale. I told him his whole contract was a deception to get me to pay $4,980.00 upfront fees. Once I paid that fee I would never hear from and would be unable to find him or Meritage Management since all of the contract info is invalid. They have gone to great lengths to write positive articles about awards they have received and the hiring of new executives. These articles are found on the internet when searching for their company name. Only when I checked with the proper government offices, do the real facts appear. There is no property record of their address in Salt Lake City Their phone prefix is from a town 105 miles away Their Fax number prefix is from another zip code in Salt Lake City There is no record of a business license for a company by the name of Meritage Management in Salt Lake City. Do not be fooled by these people. They only want your money. If you want to have some fun, try returning their calls using the toll free number they provide. In fact, make several calls. They get billed for all of these calls.