Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

[Q=margarett70] Regarding Bel Aire, although we felt how shady this when we went in there, somehow we got convinced to buy in. It was as if we were drugged or something (definitely mentally drugged). I remember saying to my husband at one point while we were in the middle of everything, “I just feel totally beaten down.” Can you imagine saying that, and still going through with a deal? He obviously was beaten down as well, because we went through with it. We are intelligent people who have traveled the world and know how to stand up for ourselves and speak our minds. However, we have never had an experience like this before—we had not experienced high-pressure, manipulating sales techniques, and it totally caught us unawares. It was truly a humbling and personally shame-producing experience. So shameful that I've been unable to write on the blog about it for months. [/Q] The reason that many people feel this way is because many of the timeshare "resorts" are now applying NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) into their sales pitch! So, many people don't realize that they're being manipulated to making a purchase to something that really doesn't make sense to them. Even when people attend a presentation with "their minds" made up that "no matter what, they won't buy anything", they end up buying and then they wonder how that happened! Most of the timeshare companies have big training manuals and videos on how to sell to "different" customers. So, many people really don't stand a chance when dealing with sales reps that have received hundreds / thousands of hours of training with NLP selling strategies. I sure hope that this message gets read by as many people because people have got to become aware of this! ALWAYS REFUSE EVERY TIMESHARE presentation!!! Stay away from them!!! Nothing is for free! Your "gift", your "breakfast", are not "free". Promoters will now even pay you real cash to attend a presentation!!! (I've witness promoters paying up to $400 USD for a married [qualified] couple to attend a presentation!!) Please stay far away from any timeshare / private residence club promoter. Timeshares are a BIG fraud! If anyone has already purchased, be aware that (in many cases) you can still get your money back! PROFECO will help you, even after the 5 day period! They will help you up to 365 days after your purchase! So, it's very important that you contact them as soon as possible. The timeshare / "vacation" resort will try to fight it (since they have already paid out the 40% commission that's paid out to the sales team -- management & rep; the other part goes to the resort owner/s) but PROFECO will back you as long as you're willing to get your money back! ALL timeshare companies in Mexico are afraid of PROFECO because they all know that they're committing FRAUD and they all want to avoid an audit by SAT (also known as Hacienda - the IRS of Mexico). So, the more complaints that a company receives thru PROFECO, it will trigger an investigation. And, to avoid this, the company WILL refund ALL / most of your money. The Belaire Golf Resort and Spa is one of the biggest frauds out there!!! There is a BIG reason on why they take their time on "building" their resort(s). And, it is just smoke and mirrors! If anyone has "invested" any money into that place, please contact PROFECO ASAP and get your money back. If anyone has "invested" money into Grupo Mayan (also known as Mayan Resorts, Grupo Vidanta, Vida Vacation Club, and many other names) also contact PROFECO! There is a HUGE reason on why this company keeps changing their name every other year! The reason is that it basically voids all contracts made under other names!!! Also, when people do revisit the resort, guess what? . . . contract renewal -- and that means another sale and they'll take more of your money! My recommendation is that when anyone does travel to Mexico, use your time to really enjoy your vacation with your loved ones! :)