Report Abuse

Who to call if you've been scammed by a Florida upfront fee resale company (important contact info) ....

As one of two Detectives investigating the timeshare re-sale and rental industry in the Central Florida area, I can tell you that the "corporate rental pitch" is the new "buyer" pitch being used by these scammers. The pitch is a script that the telemarketer reads, boasting about all the great events that will make corporations fall in love with your timeshare. Its all crap...its called "The Reed script" and we have found it and ones like it at all our serach warrant locations. I can tell you I have not met ONE...ONE..honest person in these scam companies. They are all criminals who would steal money from their own mother...and laugh about it as they buy a new Mercedes. They are all professional liers....honesty is a word none of them could spell, much less give you the meaning of. Most, if not all the telemarketers have been drug or subtance abusers, and nearly all had criminal records in the State of Florida. The owners of the rooms know they are pitching dirty...but figure they have 6-8 months to load up on your $$$$$, before they change to a new company and re-locate to a different boiler room location. They then just start another scam company with the State and do business under another fake company name...such as GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENTS, or some other three word BS name. ANY telemarketer calling you and claiming a "buyer," when there is NONE, is commiting a FRAUD in the State of Florida and is subject to arrest and prosecution. If they lie to you on the phone or in any part of the deal...its called Communications Fraud and can be charged under State Racketeering laws. For you shills reading this...IF YOU LIE TO A VICTIM...THATS CALLED SCHEME TO DEFRUAD...its a Felony in the State of Florida, as well as a Federal violation. If you are located in Orange County....we will investigate you and we will shut you down...and you will be prosecuted...not fined by the Department of Agriculture. Just ask the following: RESORT CONDOS MANAGEMENT....done, MAVERICK TIMESHARES...done, VACATIONS AND RESORTS....done, TIMESHARE GOLDLINE....done, RESORT EQUITY MARKETING...done, and the list goes one....We at the Orlando Police Department consider FRAUD as FRAUD.....its not a game, its multi-million dollar theft. The owners and operators of the above scams are now talking with us and cooperating in further investigations.....they will be charged by the Office of the Statewide Prosecutor for RICO, Communications Fraud and Conspiracy charges. Money laundering may also be added. So, for those of you who have been victimized by ANY company you think may be linked to Florida, please feel free to call me, Detective Michael Stevens, 407-246-2971, or my partner, Detective Hilary Bledsoe at 407-246-3715, with information. You can of course reach me via TUG. We will continue to actively target and procesute any individual or group engaged in wire or mail fraud within our jurisdiction...Thanks for your time.