Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

I own with DRI and I like it a great deal. However, you need to be aware that maintenance fees increase annually. Next Disney is with RCI and DRI points are with Interval International. However, you do have access to Marriotts, Westins and Four Seasons and other great resorts in the Interval International system. Secondly, if you get points resale, you are not automatically entered into the Club. With resale purchases, DRI will limit you to only the resorts in the collection of points you belong. For example, if you buy resale points to the US Collection in which Powhatan is then you will only have access to those 20 or so resorts which includes Powhatan. You cannot go to resorts in the Hawaii Collection like Ka'anapali in Maui or The Point in Kauai. If you buy resale from two different collections you will have to pay two separate administrative (the are included in the maintenance fees) fees, one for each collection. You still would not have access to the European or Mexican resorts. The bottom line is if you want to have access to all of DRI's resorts you will probably need to some points from DRI first to join the Club. I am sure you saw that buying just a few thousand points cost quite a bit. However, if you buy 3,000 to 5,000 points and you have kids, you will have very little latitude to really enjoy the Club accommodations. I just want you to know the facts. Remember, you are talking with a happy owner.