Report Abuse

Re: Global Travel Network - has anyone used this? Pros and cons?

[Q=jimw400] Thank you very much for the info. I am also wondering about the free 1 week vacation they through in from Time Out Vacation. I read some horror stories about people not getting their $200 deposit back or not being able to book. Not sure if this is true. We may try to get a better deal or rescind and buy in the secondary market. Funny, my wife and I are staying at a nice Diamond Resort courtesy of an exchange from my parents for our anniversary. After listening to their pitch this morning, I feel even more confused about the vacation ownership. One spends a lot more for points and annual fees, but nothing to stay at the resort, but with an annual fee of $3000. This after paying 20k+ to get 15,000 points worth 3-4 weeks. Seems like eBay or TUG might have much better deals for resale. Thoughts? Thanks again for your advice.[/Q] If I were looking to buy a timeshare or into a points system I would check Ebay on a daily basis where you can get the best deals out there and many are free. Also Redweek and Tug have bargain basement timeshares that are somtimes free including closing costs. Ebay timeshare auctions: http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?LH_PrefLoc=1&_nkw=timeshares&LH_Complete=1&_armrs=1&_from=R10&_ipg=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_trksid=p4853&_udhi=&_udlo=