Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

[Q=charless345] [Q=michaeld414] [Q=charless345] I am not a DRI employee, but I am interested in what laws they broke. As of now there is nothing but Alleged broken laws or violations. If in fact they did break laws then the appropriate punishment should be given to them. However, if this was a lot of nothing and there are in fact no real violations, I will be mad because those legal fees will be placed on the owners. That will really piss me off. Our maintenance fees are high enough![/Q] The issues raised in the lawsuit are very significant, "READ THE LAWSUIT", if you had you will see very specific allegations made, that are substantiated.... The fee's you are afraid of that have risen, will continue to rise if DRI is not held to account for its many violations of their fiduciary responsibilities to the membership... The water intrusion costs alone are a fraud against many members who where not informed about the problem when they purchased their memberships, and that problem was known by DRI but hidden, a violation of "Full Disclosure", the only way to shed light on their violations is to force the issue not bury your head in ignorance of the reality..[/Q] Like I said, if proven guilty then throw the book at them. If not then people need to shut up and stop complaining. I have read many a lawsuit that said a whole bunch of alleged wrongdoings that on first glance one would believe their guilty. However, I have come to learn that you have to hear both sides and our system does let everyone have their day in court. My thing is that on these boards every single timeshare company has unhappy people for whatever reason complain about them. DRI is no different. RCI had a settlement that needed attention and there was a judgment that was upheld against them. I am sure if the facts reveal that there is wrongdoing by DRI, the courts will act accordingly. However, if in fact DRI is vindicated I don't want to hear any more about the ripoff of the Point @ Poipu owners. Things need to be fixed and no one can force you to sell your deed. I only state these because they are the most common complaints I hear from the Point Owners. Believe it or not, there are many happy owners as well. No one likes increases in maintenance fees, especially me. I own in two timeshare systems and the maintenance fees go up each year in both of them. I actually get a better deal with my maintenance fees with DRI than I do with my other and I can stay many more weeks with DRI. For the record, I am no ostrich. I pay very close attention to DRI budgets, their rules and by laws and I have read all information in their contracts. I say this to state that I am a knowledgeable owner within their points system.[/Q] If you are so happy with DRI, WHY ARE YOU HERE....?? Are you happy that DRI has a majority representation on the Board of Directors, in violation of the Rules and Regulations that you claim to have read... I visited the Point at Poipu in November 2011, and asked for a meeting with a DRI management representative. They hussled us into a sales presentation, I stopped them and said that in no way am I buying anything from them, I have questions I would like answered, and documents you have said are available in regards to the 'water intrusion fee'... They walked away from us and refused to talk.. I called the Resort management and complained, as we had stated prior to our arrival we wished a meeting, "NOT A SALES PRESENTATION", and they apologized and and said that a DRI Officer would contact us, as they did, but only to set up another sales meeting, this happened 3 time... I have been a Real Estate professional, RE Developer, Contractor for over 40 years... I know when things are being hidden, obfuscated and misrepsented... If it looks like a fraud, if it sounds like a fraud, then most likely it is in my opinion a FRAUD... If they want us all to shut up and go away, then return our members points fee's, in our case it is @ $ 55,000 we paid in cash...