Report Abuse

Polling current Marriott's Kauai Beach Club owners

We own two weeks 1 BR/2 Bath Ocean Front weeks at this resort. I feel blessed that we made the decision 13 years ago to purchase these. We have traded them for many locations, have traded them for Rewards points, have created lifelong memories with our kids when they were much younger. We are using points now to give our son a very nice honeymoon in two weeks. We joined the Vacation Club Points (VCP) system a year ago thinking that we were sort of between a rock and a hard place and had to join to protect our options for trading. We received 3,375 points for our weeks which from the beginning I stated to the salesperson was not reflective of our trading value. This number of points is slightly 50 points more than the approximately 32 lower demand weeks. In other words, in theory, we did not receive enough points to purchase a week 20 weeks out of the year in our own resort. Marriott's comebacks to this are: 1. We can still go because we own weeks at that resort. (duh) 2. We can buy more points to be able to trade more easily. (duh and don't want to) 3. Believe it or not, I have heard this three times, "Well, you have owned for 13 years and I am sure you have already gotten a lot of use out of it." Sort of implying that we already got our return on the "investment". This is insulting because we didn't buy for 13 years. We bought two units so that each of our kids would have one after we are gone. We are 50 now so hopefully that will be a while. All that explanation to ask my question...Would any of you other Kauai Beach Club owners mind confirming to me how many points you have now through the VCP system, for the Kauai Beach Club property only? Implied with that is letting me know what sort of unit you have. I guess I should add that I am very open to any clarification you may give me. It is entirely possible that I am misunderstanding something or missing perspective. Thanks Ted