Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

[Q=robertr558] We went into an "update" at Los Abrigados, Premiere Vacation Collection, very unhappy about the steep increases in our maintenance fees since DRI took over. The sales people are so good at what they do. Although I swore I would never buy another timeshare they had me convinced that it made sense to pay them more money. Luckily, since there was no cooling off period, we regained sanity and walked away at the signing. So it only cost us several hours of our life. They hone their sales skills day in and day out. It is hard to resist. Then when you are exhausted they turn you over to a new person to sign all the reams of papers that are legal and binding, and just a little different from what they told you. I'm glad I walked away.[/Q] I want to add that some weeks layer I received an email asking me if I would like to complete a survey about my sales presentation. I am always eager to give DRI feedback. But the survey started with profiling questions like did I own my home, annual income, etc! Of course when you click on an email link you can be identified. I abandoned the survey. I also know that they keep a file on owners. This information surely informs their sales presentations.