Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

[Q=robertr558] My maintenance fees have gone up every year since DRI took over and are now over 40% higher. I don't see any leveling off, Charless345 and they can just keep on raising them and raising them. They won't take it back and if you stop paying they will start adding on large penalties and ruin your credit. You can't sell it because a timeshare is the only thing I know of that you can pay many thousands of dollars for and it is not worth $1 on the resale market after you sign the papers. They want more money, more money, that's why the sales force is so aggressive. I can get a getaway in Sedona through Interval International any time for much less than my maintenance fee. DRI's fees are double my other non-DRI timeshare. I hope I see more improvements at Los Abrigados. I think it is OK now, but I want to see my exhorbitant fees spent on the property and not on a new private jet for the Undercover Boss. Our room had a new mattress but the headboard was from the '70's. They do have a plan and they are investing in updating the property, but it is going to take years. I think it will be done when they hang the giant portrait of Steve Cloobeck in the lobby.[/Q] Robert, I understand. I guess I just expect the increases. My Marriott timeshare goes up every year as well so maybe I am used to it. The number of weeks that I can get for my points is quite good even with the maintenance fees. I am still able to get good value. I plan on taking full advantage of these weeks when I retire and have even more flexibility.