Report Abuse

Re: Conflict of interest: Wyndham/RCI?

We just stayed at our time share at the Shearwater in Kauai for a week. We LOVE it, but cannot go every year, and have traded the points with RCI. RCI memberships cannot lapse. Dues have to be paid every year. It costs to bank your points. It costs to search and book a reservation. Yet it appears that the availability of properties has been absorbed by Wyndham Club, and now we are just ending up getting the left-overs in properties and times. Can only book for certain time segments, can't book too far out, points are only good for so long, the website is unfriendly and unprofessional, but phoning is even worse; waits are very long, and results are minimal. I'm pretty sure that when I bought my timeshare we could use our points to book cruises, airlines, rental cars, etc. Now we have to buy into Club Wyndham for $8K - $17K to receive these benefits, and they "throw dirt" on RCI, as the salesman for Club Wyndham termed his technique for selling the new "points" system. If we wait for another few years, the Club Wyndham points wouldn't be worth anything either.