Report Abuse

Re: Successful Resales & Rental Feedback Wanted

[Q=tiffanyt60] ok...oops...Successful resales- I thought I was posting a general message, but I'll ask you the questions anyway. You said you lost money. I'm totally ok with that as well, I just want to get rid of it before the maintinance fees are due again in Jan. So, who did you go through to sell? What was the process? What were your out of pocket costs? Did you make any money? Sorry if I am being nosey, I just want honesty. Tiffany[/Q] Depending on the supply and demand of your resort and time owned as to whether it has value .... some of the higher end timeshares still have value (ie; Disney, some Marriotts, 4 Seasons, Hyatts, summer ocean/gulf weeks etc), however most timeshares have zero value. As don said, you can try to see if your resort will take a deedback from you, but I have to warn you that the vast majority of resorts do not take deedbacks. The best thing to do to rid yourself of your timeshare is to give it away. Redweek and www.tugbbs.com both have bargain basement timeshares where many are listed as give a ways. For an extra incentive many owners offer to pay closing costs and this years or next years maintenance fee. Redweek's Bargain Basement timeshares are here: http://www.redweek.com/featured/bargain-timeshare-resales