Report Abuse

Re: Villa Preferred Access - Conversion to Points System

Hi Diane and all. I do not rec converting to the points system. For a select few I think there will be a benefit. For most others, save your money and keep or buy a gold membership. First, if you have say a 1BR Summer, you convert to points that will give you a 1BR summer. You will not be able to go in the winter unless you borrow from the future, which means you then can not go to a 1 BR Summer in that future year. You Might be able to get a studio that year. This does not seem like a good return for an additional $5,000 or so investment. Second, and I think the biggest scam of all by UVC, is that when they sell a new VPA membership, or get a Gold Membership to convert, is that the VPA membership immediately has ZERO resale market value. A resold VPA is stripped of all its points and is converted to a basic Premier Membership with a home resort of VDP-PV. As you may know, Premier Memberships can be bought for $0 and there are even adds where the seller will pay you $500 to take over the membership. Third, I am at del arco right now, at the pool, and there are folks discussing the salesman offers, and some have purchased new 2,000 point VPA (that is about a 1BR Summer equiv) for $8,500 There are two fellas in the pool selling 1BR Summer GOLD memberships for $1.000 and another $ 2,000 for a winter. These I feel are very good deals. I hope this helps everybody. We love the Villa group resorts and will enjoy them for many years. I just want to help everyone fully understand the product they are currently selling. Steve. (13 year member of the group.)