Report Abuse

Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

Hi Janet, What did you upgrade? Did you buy more points to upgrade to silver or gold in DRI? I read that post from monas23 and she/he was obviously very upset. If my maintenance fees went from $2500 to $7500 very quickly, it would be upsetting. When DRI took over they did hit us with some stiff increases in maintenance fees. I was with Sunterra too before DRI took over. Sunterra let the resorts go down the tubes. I was literally embarrassed when I took some friends with me to Lake Havasu and The London Bridge Resort was literally a mess and disaster. I had a similar experience when I saw run down rooms in Palm Springs. I had previously been to both resorts and had good experiences. When I went back and saw that the maintenance of the properties was not happened and I got very upset. I was upset with those darn maintenance fee increases. However, I feel a lot better about going to the resorts. I have 30,000 points which gives a lot of flexibility in the Club. I am not sure what I would do with over 64,000 points, because it is quite expensive and hard to use up that many for me as I still work. The key is using your timeshare and trying to get the maximum out of those points. There are a lot of owners who do just that. Yes, we don't like everything that DRI does and we moan about stuff too. However, there are some good aspects about DRI too. There is a Diamond Resorts Facebook page and I would invite you to join. It's free. It's DRI owners and we share ideas, tips, and input to one another to get the maximum from our membership. Come and request to become a member. We speak real, but from facts. It's not a bunch of ranting and raving from people who are plain old miserable, but concerned owners who are looking to take the time to find out the real scoop.