Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

[Q=charless345] No, I am not a salesman but folks on this board who don't like when people don't agree with their negative attitudes toward DRI think that those who may seem satisfied must be a salesman. I am a points owner. I don't know what deeded owners pay. I own all of my points in the US Collection. My maintenance fees have not gone up 16% per year. In fact, let me give you the facts. Here are the maintenance fees paid per point for owners is the US Collection: 2010 MF/PT .1102 2011 MF/PT .1149 2012 MF/PT .1209 2013 MF/PT .1227 So from 2010 to 2013 our fees will have gone up a TOTAL per point of 11.3%. Now the true value of that time may be a little closer to 15% because the management fees for the Club have increased as well. My main point is that PER YEAR I have not had a 16% increase in my maintenance fees. It's okay to be upset about things, but be upset about factual things. If you're a DRI member, I would invite you to our DRI Facebook site. We have many owners and some former owners too. They are DRI members from the US and Europe. We both have similar concerns about our memberships with DRI from both sides of the Atlantic. However, we try to help one another with ACCURATE information. I cannot wait until this lawsuit is out in the open and we can all separate fact from fiction.[/Q] I have read the Federal Lawsuit, and it is a serious indictment of the violations of the very contract that DRI has made with all of its members... Violations of process, of the fair governance of the rights of its members, and outright violations of the laws of Hawaii... You present the lawsuit as a cockroach that will scurry in the light of day, that it has no merit... If you were an honest member only interested in the honest management of these properties and members rights according to the by laws that they invested large sums of money in, and continue to do so, at a fee of $ 300 a day in annual cost... You too would appreciate what this action will do to clean up a corrupt business model that the "Points System" is...