Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks

I have been reading all of the responses of the Pro and cons of weeks vs points. Points are confusing. I am a week owner. They tried to get me to change to points saying lower maintenance fees. and that I would get more flexability. What bothers me at these presentation they do not let you see or let you take the book of resorts on how many points needed to various popular resorts. They only want you to see their's affiliated resorts. They will let you see their points for days, week, or weekend. I almost bought a Park Royal points timeshare a week ago and I put a deposit on it. Its a good thing they bothered me the first day I was there I was staying for a week. After getting this big box (you know after you get suckered) I opened it up and notice all information about their's affiliated resorts I was hoping it would have a book of all resorts like the RCI directory, there wasn't one. I couldn't wait to get back to the sales office to cancel my deposit and contract. To make this short. my week program at my vacation villiage resorts in weston the newer one Mizner place. It will only cost me 139.00 for a week for a 4/4 one bedroom lockout and sometime if your lucky a 2 bedroom lockout. If I want to go for one day it only cost me 139.00 very simple. I don't need to buy points or try to save points. for a resort that need 200,000 points to get into. If the resorts that needs 200,000 points is not apart of my Vacation Villiage resorts. I pay 199.00 to RCI and if I want to go for a weekend instead of a week. I can. Simple $199.00. Hope to hear responses if my opinions doesn't make sense.