Report Abuse

NEW BUYERS BEWARE!!!

I think the message is that those of us who have encountered the scams and lies as the destruction of the old Solmar was being planned and carried out were wise to see the unethical rapacious behavior as the new pattern of management of this and the sister resort of Playa Grande and got the heck out of ownership there rather "trust" that promises or future treatment of owners would be any better after this episode. We declined all offers to upgrade or put us in another unit etc etc and got out. Sounds like our fears were justified. Sadly, the owners at sol mar were among the most simpatico and congenial folk who truly respected the Mexican people who worked at Solmar and the natural beauty of the landscape, having not come to Mexico for the flatscreen tvs, reflecting pools, etc.. nor to party. As I have mentioned earlier.. I invite those who loved old solmar to try Mirabella on the corridor to San Jose Del Cabo. We have now stayed there and it is the closest thing to the old Solmar we have found yet. Tell them the Simpsons told you about it...We told them about Solmar and hope they can keep their place as lovely as it is NOW. I can send photos to any who are interested. (It is not a timeshare)