Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

ssdd [Q=michaeld414] [Q=charless345] [Q=susana277] Or it could be that a lot of unhappy, fed-up people have have accepted DRI's offer to let them out of their membership (no return of monies of course) in exchange for signing the big gag order.[/Q] So DRI offered outs to the Poipu Owners?[/Q] Yes they did... I am not happy to say this but we took an out... After paying upwards of $ 54,000 cash for 31,000 points, we walked away from our membership... The gag agreement is about the specifics of our deal, but does not stop me from talking about the points system in general or DRI's integrity unrelated to our deal... The whole points system is a bigger scam than a Ponzi Scheme... They are selling air, they have sold far beyond their capacity to accommodate the members.. They give special deals to folks they want to sell new memberships too, at a rate far cheaper than the members pay in annual per day maintenance fee's.. Screw the members, they want new membership fee's and could care less about you and your old membership... Of course all of this is my opinion, but its bases on my experiences...[/Q] I could see why you have your opinion if you were treated this way. This has not been my experience. I will say that when DRI has those specials with their units and I see them for less than maintenance fees, it gets my attention, but we can do that as well to defray our maintenance fees as well and I have done that. I don't believe it's a Ponzi scheme though. There are some guidelines that the developers have to follow. Now that Marriott has started their points program, I have really come to have a better understanding of the guidelines. DRI's are quite similar. Marriott's points are a whole lot more expensive than DRI's and I often stay at Marriott properties using my DRI points. In any case I am eagerly but patiently waiting for the results of the lawsuit. I believe it has the potential to be most interesting.