Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Cure

My parents own quite a few timeshares, and use them every year. They had 4 weeks in Hilton Head for which they paid $1000 each annually in maintenance fees. They had been to a few presentations like Timeshare Cure gives and didn't by into it. They wanted to get rid of 2 of the Hilton Head timeshares. Several months ago, they went to one hosted by Goodbyetimeshare. It was the same principal, and my parents did some research. They ended up paying $4000 and signed over the deeds. When they got the paperwork before signing the deed, the 2 weeks they wanted to keep were listed so they sent it back. A week later they got the paperwork with the 2 weeks they didn't want. It worked for them, and their logic was in 2 years they would have saved the $4000 in maintenance fees. I still think a lot of them are scams, but it turns out they made out ok. They tried to sell them with no success. But they have no regrets as they got more than their money's worth by using or renting them every year. They live in Delaware so I don't know if the laws are stricter, and all of their timeshares are with Marriott, who they have been very happy with. I'm not encouraging anyone to pay Goodbyetimeshare or anyone else, just noting that it worked for my parents, and of all of the presentations they went to, this was the least expensive. And they didn't have to join a club (another Timeshare Cure scam). I'm going to check them out further, but if anyone else has had an experience with them, I'd be interested in hearing about it. There are no postings for them in any of the forums. Thanks for your reply!