Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

[Q=peterg213] Is there any more coming on the class action suit for PoP and the HI collection? Was anyone ever able to get any proof that DRI knew about the damages long before they disclosed it? I'm asking because I'm completely sold there was some mis-representation here. When we bought in 2007, a sales person at a rival resort told us that they had a huge renovation bill coming up soon and I should ask them about it. Well I did and they showed me a number of documents about room improvements, and new carpets and BS like that and assured me it's part of the existing maintenance fees and there was nothing else on the horizon. I actually believed them and chalked it up to a sales pitch by the rival resort. Now looking back I question the whole thing. Any one else have any stories like this or heard of it with DRI and PoP? I'm definitely going to voice our objections to the settlement and relate this story to the court. If anyone else has some similar stories I'd encourage them to also![/Q] Yes, you are right to question the whole thing... I have been a real estate developer for over 40 years, and I have more than a dozen serious questions when we invested... Several were about the condition of the facility, questions about the damage done by hurricane Inikii, and I got much the same... I also asked about membership numbers (units x's 51 weeks) and if there were any different class's of ownership beyond the 'Points' members... I got nothing but lies about every question asked, but found the truth later than the 7 day rescission period... The class action suit was another fraud, a sell out... The legal action never got to any procedural steps, beyond a few letters from lawyers to lawyers... Discovery would still have been 6 months to a year away, and DRI was going to use every delay tactic available, to prevent any discovery process where its records would be open to the attorney's of record for the plaintiff's to research for evidence of fraud... None of us individually have the financial resources to challenge a huge corporate money pit that uses its member's money to defend itself from its member's inquiries... In my opinion DRI is an ongoing fraud, sit in on one of their sales presentation, and ask a serious question, its evident that truth is not on their agenda, sales bonus's are... They have sold far more memberships (points) than they have units x's weeks in all their resort properties... That is why most time share companies went to the points system, its selling air and dreams, neither can fill a small bag...