Report Abuse

Buying Timeshare?

[Q=sheryll55] HI there, We have tried to sell our timeshare on Craigslist, our neighborhood website, posted it on Facebook,we have talked to alot of friends, family. I have called Wyndam about options. We have talked to several of the companies that have called us about selling them (the scam companies). We have asked other people who them how to get rid of them and no one has any suggestions, b/c they can't get rid of their's either. They just pay the dues and never use them. I will say we do use ours (we have 2 in Myrtle Beach SC) we scuba dive, so we transfer throug RCI and have been to alot of nice places, but there are alot of places we would like to go, but those places aren't ever available. I actually joined Redweek.com to try and rent them or sell them. Do you know if anyone has any luck selling them on Redweek and how much they charge? Is the broker you receommended who you sold yours too? Look forward to your response.[/Q] You say you use your Wyndham timeshares but that you're having problems exchanging them for places you want ..... in order to get popular exchanges and areas that you want you must deposit very early and start an ongoing request .... many people deposit a year in advance to get what they want in an exchange. As far as selling your Wyndham timeshares or points, in this economy many very nice timeshares at very nice resorts can't even be given away, so if you actually use or exchange yours then you're way ahead of the game .... just deposit early.