Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again!

This is more than distressing to hear the property degradation since I plan to visit Los Abrigados 1st time since my forced conversion to DR. First, my fees more than doubled for my ILX Sedona Vac Week - only good at LA or traded in RCO. My current fee for 1 BR is $880 and was less than $440. RCI rents this as extra week for $450/wk all year long and tons there. I also own an ILX Premier Vacation Club Platinum which is now also more than doubled at over $2000 managed by DR and was forced on points (NEVER SIGNED ANYTHING) and we do not have access to all DR properties and no other DR perks. I'd planned to keep the PVC but I can't afford both. There are tons on Ebay for $1 sale and there are about $1500 in closing costs I would pay. Donations for a Cause organization will not tough any of these properties. I talked to DR to give back but they said no program to take these back and if I default on my fees my credit is affected. The PVC fee started at about $600 when I bought the property for $30,000. I'm going to retire and must cut my living costs so I probably have to take the credit score hit. I have always had stellar credit scores.