Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again!

All I know is I am a ILX Premier Vacation Club (PVC) Platinum member. Week was floating. I'll have to dig out paperwork. We were NEVER contacted by a LIVE person from DRI. Only received letters. Anyone else from ILX PVC can comment? [Q=charless345] [Q=maryannh62] We were not asked. We were "notified" the ILX PVC Platinum week would now be points. We were not asked join a club. We were told we could have use of 10 ILX + approx. 26 other properties & I was just sent a list of the DRI properties or trade through I.I. only and we had to pay I.I. annual club fee. The Sedona Vac Club week stayed weeks only good at Los Abrigados or tradeable through an exchange company of our choice that we joined. My guess is the conversion aggreement was in the fine print of legal correspondance we received (no response = concurrence with the change) or not sent at all asking if we want to convert to points. I only hope they fix the properties enough so they will be marketable again so I can sell the Sedona at least. Not even charitable orgs are accepting these as Gifts - there is too much liability associated and no value now. [Q=charless345] There is something wrong with these posts that people say they were forced to go into the points system. If you own s deeded week, you cannot be forced into going into DRI's points system. Have you signed paperwork to that effect? You would have had to, and only if you wanted to. Now DRI will want you to convert to their points system, but you will not have to do so no matter what any salesperson says. If you want more flexibility then join, if you are happy with your ownership as is then don't. DRI is not a perfect system, but it's not bad either. The maintenance fees do keep growing and that disturbs me. However, I have watched DRI fix up property after property. I forsee that happening with the ILX properties. They need work.[/Q][/Q] I don't believe you had a deeded week if they made you go to points. If you feel you did have a deeded week, I would find the original paperwork that you signed when you bought your timeshare and read it over to make sure your not being taken advantage of. As I am reading from others, in your group of ILX deeded owners, DRI salesmen are applying pressure for you to convert to deeded weeks but they cannot force you. If you are already in some sort of points or club type system, then they may have had to covnert your system to theirs.[/Q]