Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

charless: you fail to note a more significant difference between buying a timeshare and buying an RV. With an RV you may (depending on the state you live in) or may not have a cooling off period, but if you buy an RV and later decide you don't want it you can sell it for a significant percentage of what you paid for it. If you don't want to use it for a few years you can decline to register the vehicle until you want to use it again, with no impact on your credit rating. With a timeshare you can't give it away. If you don't want to use it in any given year you still have to pay the maintenance fee or the developer will send your account to collections and ruin your credit rating. [Q=charless345] Michaeld, This weekend I went to inquire about an RV. Now that was high pressure. I had done some reading about RV's prior to going and spoken with several people about them. I found that the salesman mentioned all of the pluses but none of the big minuses. He tried his darndest to get me to buy, but i did not. Here the difference between me buying a timeshare and buying a RV. When I buy the RV, it's a done deal. I cannot return it. There is no cooling off period. When one buys a timeshare, you have 7 days to review all information and then make a decision to return it or not. You I would suggest that you take your settlement or whatever you received from DRI and move on. If you had a legitimate concern or were frauded, then take the paperwork that you were provided that DRI frauded you on to a lawyer and sue them. Since you are so sure that fraud occurred, you know you would get your money back over time in legal fees. After a while, at least in my opinion, your posts become so old and so annoying.[/Q]