Report Abuse

Re: Coastal Timeshare Creations

The contract stated that if I didn't fullfil my obligations that I would be held liable. A few weeks after signing the contract I get a letter wanting more money to cover the transfer fee on the resort I traded in. This was never disclosed to me (verbaly). I confronted Coastal about this and they refused to remove the transfer fee. I disputed the credit card charge with my card company for the amount I paid for the resale resort, but they told me they couldn't remove the charge because it was a contractual agreement. Anyway, after many heated conversation with Coastal I just gave in and paid them. It would take me at least and hour or so to give complete details of my experience with them, so I will just say that they did not disclose all infomation to me therefore I could not make a informed deciesion. [Q=jayjay] [Q=charles571] I bought a resale from Coastal and traded in a timeshare. The trade never happeded so now I am responsible for two timeshare maintenance fee's. I tried the reciession option, but Coastal ignored my request. I then filed a complaint with South Carolina B.B.B. and with the Attorney General with very poor results from either. Coastal threatened me with legal action, so I finaly gave in. I guess I could have hired an attorney, but I would pay more in legal fee's than I paid for the timeshare.[/Q] Keep filing your complaint (you can just copy and paste what you posted above) with the SC attorney general until you receive a reply .... file every week if you have to .... Coastal definitely scammed you. One question, how could Coastal have threatened you with legal action when they were the one's that scammed you?[/Q]