Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

I didn't expect to win a seat for our group with this election, simply because not enough owners know about COPP or understand the significance of their voting rights. I at least try to talk with other owners whenever the opportunities arise. Getting mad is a waste of time, so I'm thankful of the work being done by Point at Poipu Owners Association (COPP). They have at least saved us owners $500,000 on excessive fees being charged by DRI for the water intrusion project. As you know, COPP provides a platform for us owners to vote together. Further, I see owning fee simple timeshares without DRI points as a good business opportunity. Where else in Hawaii can you buy a spectacular oceanfront week for just a few thousand dollars on the resale market at an industry average maintenance fee. I note that Hilton is about $1600, Westin is about $2600. I don't remember Marriott, but I thought it was over $2000. Each is one week for one 2 bdrm villa unit. Their villa units are much nicer than Pt of Poipu, but they typically have no ocean view. For me it is a trade off. DRI's lousy management just makes it less expensive for me to pick up extra weeks from those owners who scare easily, get mad and throw in the towel. I'll be even happier when the building renovations are completed. If you want to aggressively take DRI on in a court battle, I assume that you are willing to pony up a couple million dollars to make it happen... and I sincerely hope that works out OK for you.