Report Abuse

Looking to sell my timeshare

With timeshares that have a fair to significant value, you may want to check with a broker to see what they can offer and at what cost. 95-99% timeshares are worth less than $5000 so the brokers commission which I am guessing are in the minimum of $1500-$2500 range are not worth it for most owners. Platinum ownerships at resorts with mandatory membership in SVN definately have some value and there are brokers who specialize in these Starwood properties. There are also individuals who are fairly knowledgeable and have made enough buy/sell transactions dealing with high end properties that can sell on a listing site without a broker. Since you have no idea where to start I suggest the Starwood forum on tugbbs.com (timeshare users group). They can point you in the right direction. They also have a few brokers who regularly publish sale prices noting whether Starwood exercised ROFR or not. Redweek is definitely a "safe" place to list but before listing I think you need to do a little more research to make sure you will maximize your chances to sell for the highest amount possible. Judging by the price you paid to the developer, I am guessing you own an annual island view or an every other year ocean view. I doubt either would sell for $20,000. My guess is the value is closer to 50% of your original purchase priced give or take.