Report Abuse

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

[Q=francesv17] [Q=williamg345] Using the Quit Claim Deed found on My Attorney software I have personally transferred an Orange Lakes deed to my brother, returned a North Carolina time share to Wyndham, and sold a Gold Key time share at Virginia Beach to a friend. It is pretty straight forward. Once both parties sign the deed, you send it to County/City Courthouse for filing. You may have to pay some unreasonable fee established by the time share compay just to have them change the name of the proprieter in their data base. Use an escrow account to hold the funds while the transaction takes place. Needless to say, I am not a lawyer nor am I certified to hand out advice, just an average Joe.[/Q] You mentioned that you "returned a timeshare back to Wyndham" Did they buy it back? I have a timeshare that is paid off and we would like to sell it. I already have been taken some years ago with the upfront fee scam. Really just want to find someone that is legitimately looking to buy![/Q] Be very careful about using an escrow company unless you know them, can go to them personally etc. We were scammed in a sale using Fidelis Title and Escrow out of Chicago--said they were bonded etc--lies. The dal (which was fake anyway) did go south and that was the reason they stated it was important to use an escrow. Beware is all I can say