Report Abuse

Re: Looking to sell my timeshare

There are many beautiful resorts and they don't need to be the over priced hotel chains like Marriott and others. I have always said if you buy into a nice vacation area and well run resort the best time and place to sell is when your on vacation at your resort and this cost you nothing. If you have a resale department they will sell or rent for you but you probably get less than most owners think they should and even less if the resort now selling points only. If you get to know the people in the sales it can help you later as a owner. We sold our summer units two years ago without wasting money for ad on some timeshare forum that new people never heard of. We sold our odd year Tower last year while up there and just sold our last unit even year. Family staying there e-mailed me through Tug site and said they had followed my posts about our resort and wanted to buy our last unit and with the resale office helping with the paper work they bought it the next weekend. All three buyers live within four hours of the resort like us. We sold all three without trying and not even sure we were ready to sell. Two of the sales came from conversations at the resort and third from someone just following my post trying to help others about our resort by answering their questions. Using terms like dump it, worthless and more on these forums doesn't make someone want to buy your unit. We bought into same resort two different times over last thirty years and have owned a total of five units over this time. We use the property and know the staff and always getting first class service if its our week or bonus time there. These are the kind of timeshare resorts people should buy. PHILL12