Report Abuse

Re: Looking to sell my timeshare

[Q=phill12] It depends on the resort and location. Many resorts still selling very well depending on the resort and location. Yes the price isn't what it was but all timeshares are not worthless. There are many in demand high on exchanging list. This is what 's wrong with these timeshare forums. People say they come on to help others and all they do is insult timesharing and turn new families off to buying into timeshares. The timeshare world is still great for families if buying what and where they want to vacation. I'm seeing the families that haven't listen to these complainers on these forums are very happy with timeshare resorts.[/Q] Your point that all timeshares are not worthless is well taken (ex. some Marriotts, 4Seasons, Hyatt's, Hilton etc.) still have some value if they are in popular locations during popular seasons. Ocean/gulf front timeshares in summer still have (some) value and popular ski resorts in winter still have (some) value during ski season .... Disney resorts will always hold (some) value. The point that many regular posters try to make on Redweek's forums is that even if you buy a timeshare at low cost or take one for free then you're responsible for ongoing and rising yearly maintenance fees and possible special assessments forever or until it changes ownership ..... this is the reason you see so many free or low cost timeshares. People's lives change .... what you may have desired in a timeshare when you're in your 20s (you mention families) compared to what you may desire in a timeshare when you're in your 50s (much older) can change drastically, BUT you're still stuck with that timeshare for the rest of your life or until it changes ownership. With so many timeshare rentals on the market, I would much rather rent from an owner than be beholden to a resort for the rest of my life paying yearly fees. And yes, we regular posters post on the forums to help people ..... just how many people have you seen posting that they want to get out from under their timeshare monetary responsibilities = millions. (to donp) sorry i didn't read your post above before posting, however we both posted practically the same thing :o).