Report Abuse

Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again!

We were owners with ILX who went into bankruptcy and DRI took them over. We opted out of participating in DRI properties and opted to be grandfathered into the ILX properties. We own our property in Sedona Arizona at Los Abrigados. We have contacted DRI multiple times most often without response. We have asked why the maintenance fees have increased (in fact we received the answer to our question addressed to the Board as to how much our fees would increase for 2014. Today they chose to answer us.) We repeatedly asked for contact information for the non Diamond Resort Board members and were finally told that the new board members did not want to be contacted until they had a board meeting where they could"get the experience of a board meeting" before they could talk to their fellow owners. We were told that they only hold board meetings as necessary. It would be interesting to find out what the law is in the State of Arizona in regards to associations. In Nevada for example they are required to hold 4 board meetings a year and owners are notified in advance. We don't know what the law is in Arizona...yet! There has to be something owners can do. I've now been on Yelp, Trip Advisor, Better Business Bureau, Trust Pilot and another one I can't remember and they are ALL very angry comments about DRI. I can't imagine what will happen when owners start receiving their maintenance fee notices in the mail.